Fennel honey cake2014-02-17
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
This fennel honey cake is ideal to serve with tea on a cold winter night! It’s simple, quite pleasant and has a mix of flavors that it’s worth a try!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel powder
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 eggs
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs together with the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the olive oil, honey, fennel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool and serve.