Fish bread soup2012-11-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
Try this fish bread soup flavored with coriander, easy, fast and quite tasty.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 liter / (4 1/4 cups) of the fish cooking water
- 4 fish steaks (any type of fish)
- 1 small onion to cook the fish
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) preferably stale bread cut into pieces
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Place the fish steaks in a saucepan with water (at least one liter / (4 1/4 cups)) seasoned with salt, a drizzle of olive oil, a peeled whole onion and a bunch of coriander. Bring to a boil over high heat and when starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes. When the fish is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and let cool slightly (reserve the cooking water). Remove the skins and bones and cut the fish into pieces.
- In a large bowl, place the olive oil, the chopped garlics, the chopped coriander and the fish cooking water. Add the fish, season with pepper and stir.
- Place the bread pieces in the bottom of each dish, pour the broth over the top and serve immediately.