- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
If you want to prepare an easy meal and at the same time healthy and nutritious you have to try our fish rice recipe! You will love the delicious flavors this recipe has to offer!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 700 grams / (1 1/2 pounds) hake
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small onion to cook the fish
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- A drizzle of olive oil to cook the fish
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the fish in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a peeled small onion, bay leaf and olive oil. Boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 minutes. When the fish is cooked, drain it with a skimmer. Remove the skin and bones and cut the fish into pieces. Reserve the cooking water.
- In another saucepan, put 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, the chopped onion, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the peeled garlics. Cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Then, add the fish pieces and the rice and season with a little salt and pepper. Stir, pour the cooking water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.