Flaked cod in the oven2014-02-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
A hot cod meal is always a good option, we suggest this flaked cod recipe in the oven with peppers and egg, has excellent presentation and is a delight.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds))
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cook the potatoes and the eggs in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. When everything is cooked, drain the potatoes and peel the eggs. Cut the potatoes and the eggs into slices; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the cod in a saucepan with water for about 5 to 6 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Remove the skin and bones and flake the cod with a fork; set aside.
- In a frying pan, put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the peppers cut into strips. Season with salt and pepper and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- In a baking pan, put a layer of potatoes, in the middle, the flaked cod and, over the top another layer of potatoes. Garnish with the egg slices and drizzle everything with the olive oil and onion mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 28 g(43%)
Saturated Fat: 4.5 g(22%)
Cholesterol: 185 mg(62%)
Sodium: 237 mg(10%)
Total Carbohydrate: 54.5 g(18%)
Protein: 51.5 g