Fried chicken with clams2017-06-30
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 2:05 h
Rate this recipe:
Do you like chicken and want to prepare a different and very tasty meal? Try this fried chicken recipe with clams, it’s easy to prepare and ideal for a summer lunch with your friends.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds) clams
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) white wine
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce
- Pepper (to taste)
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the clams in water seasoned with salt about 1 to 2 hours. Wash them under running water before cooking.
- Season the chicken with a little salt, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper sauce, unpeeled crushed garlics, nutmeg, lemon juice, bay leaf, pepper and white wine. Mix everything and let marinate about one hour.
- In a large skillet, heat over low heat the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add the chicken pieces without the marinade (reserve the marinade). Cover the skillet and fry over medium-low heat for about 35 minutes, until the chicken turn slightly golden.
- Add the marinade to the skillet and boil for two minutes. Add the clams, stir, cover the skillet and cook until the clams start to open. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 20.5 g(26%)
Saturated Fat: 4 g(19%)
Cholesterol: 193 mg(70%)
Sodium: 1027 mg(45%)
Total Carbohydrate: 25.5 g(8%)
Protein: 74 g