Fried chicken with potatoes2013-05-21
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 1:35 h
Rate this recipe:
Chicken pieces seasoned with salt, bay leaf, garlics, saffron, pepper and white wine, fried in olive oil, drizzled with the sauce of the marinade and served with fried potatoes.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Saffron (to taste)
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) white wine
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Season the chicken with a little salt, chopped garlics, bay leaf, saffron, pepper and white wine. Leave to marinate about an hour.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil over low heat. Add the chicken pieces and fry on both sides on a low-medium heat until turn golden. Reserve the marinade.
- Meanwhile, peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Fry them in hot oil. When they are fried, place them on a platter over absorbent paper and set aside.
- When the chicken is fried remove it to a plate and pour the marinade into the skillet. Stir well with a wooden spoon, simmer about two minutes over medium-low heat and turn off the heat.
- Drizzle the chicken with the sauce and serve with the fried potatoes.