- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
This fruit cake is perfect for a Summer day! It’s simple, fresh and with the fruit aroma this cake is ideal to serve with a iced tea!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- Juice of one orange
- 1 peach
- 1 apple
- 3 pineapple slices
- Zest of one lemon
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) dark brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (25 x 10 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 4 inches) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- Peel the apple and the peach. Cut the apple, peach and the pineapple slices into pieces and drizzle with some lemon juice to not oxidize; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until a homogeneous mixture. Pour the orange juice and mix for 1 to 2 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy mixture. Finally, add the fruit and fold with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.