- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Whenever you receive visits, this golden cake is ideal to present in a snack or in a breakfast. It’s easy to prepare and everyone likes it.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 5 eggs
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) milk
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 25 grams / (1 ounce) softened margarine
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks and sugar until a creamy mixture. Add the softened margarine together with the milk and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.