Hake ‘à Gomes de Sá’ (hake with potatoes and eggs)2014-06-17
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:05 h
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
A typical Portuguese recipe, hake seasoned with salt and pepper, that goes in the oven with layers of potatoes, boiled eggs cut into round slices, drizzled with a sauce prepared with olive oil, onions and garlics, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 900 grams / (2 pounds) hake
- 3 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Parsley (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cook them in a pan with water seasoned with salt. When the potatoes are cooked cut them into round slices. Set aside.
- Season the hake with salt and pepper and cook it in a pan with water. When the fish is cooked, remove the skins and the spines and cut it into large chunks. Cook the eggs in another pan. When the eggs are cooked, peel and cut them into round slices. Set aside.
- In a pan, place the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, the peeled garlics and the bay leaf. Bring the pan to low heat and leave to cook until the onion starts to turn golden.
- In the bottom of a baking dish, place a layer of potatoes, in the middle a layer of hake and, on top, another layer of potatoes. Garnish with the egg slices and drizzle with the onion and olive oil mixture. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 29 g(45%)
Saturated Fat: 4.5 g(23%)
Cholesterol: 255 mg(85%)
Sodium: 390 mg(16%)
Total Carbohydrate: 51 g(17%)
Protein: 52 g