Hake with Portuguese cornbread2014-09-17
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
Want to give a different touch to hake? Place on top Portuguese cornbread and bake. A delight…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 hake steaks (about 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds))
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) Portuguese cornbread
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Parsley (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) small potatoes
- Carrots (to taste)
- Broccoli (to taste)
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Wash the potatoes and place them on a baking pan together with the onions cut into round slices and the fish. Season the fish and the potatoes with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the Portuguese cornbread cut into pieces, the peeled garlics and the parsley in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Pour this mixture over the fish, drizzle everything with olive oil and bake about 25 to 30 minutes. Occasionally drizzle the fish and the potatoes with the sauce.
- Meanwhile, place the broccoli and the carrots cut into strips in a saucepan with water. Season with a little salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 10 minutes. When everything is cooked, drain with a skimmer and set aside.
- Turn off the oven and serve the fish and the potatoes with the broccoli and carrots.