Honey and rum cake2015-05-04
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
If you want a cake with delicious flavor and easy to prepare, you should make this honey cake recipe with an incredible touch of rum.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) softened margarine
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (approximately 26 x 7 centimeters / (10 1/4 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs together with the sugar and the softened margarine until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the honey and the rum and beat for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven, unmold, let cool to room temperature and serve with tea.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 10 g(15%)
Saturated Fat: 2 g(10%)
Cholesterol: 60 mg(20%)
Sodium: 130 mg(5%)
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g(9%)
Protein: 4 g