- Servings : 5/6
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 1:05 h
- Ready In : 2:10 h
Rate this recipe:
For a family lunch, a traditional dish is always a good option. We suggest this lamb stew recipe for the whole family that is tasty and has excellent presentation!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) lamb cut into pieces
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 2 carrots
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 1 large onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) bread slices
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, nutmeg, chopped garlics, bay leaf and white wine. Let marinate for one hour. Wash, peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters; set aside.
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, chopped onion, the peeled tomatoes cut into pieces and the meat together with the marinade. Place the pan over low heat and cook for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Add the potatoes seasoned with a little salt and the carrots cut into round slices. Stir, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Place bread slices in the bottom of a dish, pour the stew over the top and serve.