Leg of lamb in the oven2014-05-09
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 2:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare an excellent lunch for your family? Cook this leg of lamb recipe in the oven, it’s traditional, tasty and great for winter lunches.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) leg of lamb
- 1.2kg / (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 medium onions
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper (to taste)
- 200 ml / (3/4 cups and 1 1/2 tablespoons) white wine
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- In a bowl, put the lemon juice, the chopped garlics, the red pepper sauce, pepper, bay leaf and some salt. Mix with a spoon and drizzle the leg of lamb with this sauce. Let marinate about one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Place at the bottom of a rectangular baking dish the onions cut into round slices and, on top, the leg of lamb together with the marinade and the potatoes. Drizzle everything with olive oil and white wine and bake about an hour or until golden. Occasionally drizzle the potatoes and the lamb with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 35 g(54%)
Saturated Fat: 8 g(40%)
Cholesterol: 160 mg(53%)
Sodium: 470 mg(20%)
Total Carbohydrate: 64 g(21%)
Protein: 60 g