- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Want to drink a tea on a terrace in the sun and it lacks something sweet to accompany? This lemon cake is the solution. It’s easy, very pleasant and fluffy. Try it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) brown sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks, brown sugar and the lemon zest until a quite creamy mixture. Pour the lemon juice and the honey and mix about 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.