Lemon and cinnamon cake2018-01-10
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Going to invite your friends and want to prepare a simple snack that does not give much work? This lemon cake mixed with the delicious cinnamon flavor is so tasty that your friends will want to savor until the last crumb! Serve with tea or coffee!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 175 grams / (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) butter
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar, the butter and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Add the lemon juice, the cinnamon and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.