Lemon and olive oil cake2018-05-12
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
If there is a perfect combination of ingredients, one of them is undoubtedly lemon and olive oil! Join the two in a cake and delight yourself with this delicious flavors experience…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) lemon juice
- Raspa de um limão
- 150 grams (about 1 cup) dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 and 3/4 x 4 and 1/3-inch loaf tin with 2 and 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs, the lemon zest and the brown sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the lemon juice, the olive oil, the oregano and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool to room temperature and serve.