Lemon Verbena cake2016-09-06
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare a different cake with special flavor? We have an excellent option for you! Try this recipe of Lemon Verbena cake. It’s delicious, pleasant, aromatic and with excellent presentation.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 tablespoons lemon Verbena dried leaves
- 5 eggs
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) softened butter
- 175 grams / (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (approximately 24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- Chop nicely the lemon Verbena leaves.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Pour the lemon juice, chopped leaves, butter and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.