Ling with onion and chips2012-11-07
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
A simple recipe to prepare, ling seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked with onion, garlic, bay leaf, olive oil and white wine, served with fried potatoes.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 ling steaks (about 900 grams / (2 pounds))
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) white wine
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- In a pan place the onions cut into round slices, peeled garlic cut in half, bay leaf, fish, olive oil and the white wine. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook the fish over low heat with the pan covered about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into sticks and fry in hot oil. When they are fried, place them on a platter over absorbent paper.
- Serve the fish drizzled with the sauce and the fried potatoes.