- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
This marble cake is ideal for a party or to share with friends or family! It’s very delicious, has a great presentation and everyone will like the mixture of flavors that the cake offers!! Serve with tea or coffee! Bon appetit!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) chocolate powder
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) softened margarine
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon Port wine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, margarine and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the eggs, the Port wine and mix for 4 t 5 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Divide the dough in two parts. In one of the parts beat the chocolate powder for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. In the cake pan, pour the dough alternately with a spoon, one with chocolate and the other with the remaining cream and so on until finish the dough.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.