Marie biscuit semifreddo2013-01-08
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 6:20 h
Rate this recipe:
Going to invite friends for dinner and want to serve a special and delicious dessert? We suggest this Marie biscuit semifreddo, has excellent presentation, it’s quite pleasant and everyone will love!! Try it!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) marie biscuits
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to beat the cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- Grated biscuit for garnish
- Beat the egg whites with three tablespoon sugar until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- Put the gelatin sheets in water for about 5 minutes. Drain them well and put in a bowl. Melt for 1 minute in the microwave. Add the melted gelatin sheets to the egg whites and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the cream with the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Add the whipping cream to the egg whites and fold gently with a spatula.
- In a rectangular dish (23 x 15 centimeters / (9 x 6 inches)) put a layer of cream, over the top, a layer of biscuits and, finally, another layer of cream. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with grated biscuit and serve.