Meat and bacon pie2017-10-31
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare a recipe with minced meat but do not know what to do? We have the ideal solution for you, meat and bacon pie! It’s a simple and delicious recipe with great presentation!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) minced beef
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) minced pork
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) raw bacon
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) puff pastry
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 1 egg yolk
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlics and the bacon cut into strips in a frying pan and cook over low for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the minced meat and season with a little salt, pepper, nutmeg and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Line a pie pan (24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with the puff pastry and prick the bottom with a fork.
- In a bowl, combine the béchamel with the egg yolk and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Drain the meat with a colander. Pour the meat over the pie and cover with the béchamel mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake until golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.