- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:25 h
- Ready In : 1:35 h
Rate this recipe:
Do not know what to do with the meat that you have in the fridge? Try this delicious meat cake recipe, you will love it…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) beef
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) self raising flour
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the meat and the chorizo in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and drain the meat and the chorizo with a skimmer. Reserve the cooking water. Shred the meat with a fork and cut the chorizo into slices; set aside.
- Place 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, the onion cut into round slices and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the shredded meat and the chorizo slices, and season with pepper and nutmeg. Stir and simmer about 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (27 x 10 centimeters / (10 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Then, whisk the remaining olive oil, 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) of the cooking water and the meat mixture. Finally, fold the flour with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake about 40 minutes (the time depends on oven).
- Remove the cake from oven, unmold and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 60 g(92%)
Saturated Fat: 15 g(75%)
Cholesterol: 230 mg(77%)
Sodium: 610 mg(25%)
Total Carbohydrate: 36 g(12%)
Protein: 30 g