Meat ‘à jardineira’2012-11-09
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
Try this typical Portuguese recipe of meat à jardineira, it’s very tasty and easy to prepare. It’s perfect for a family lunch…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) beef cut into cubes
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 850 grams / (1 3/4 pounds) potatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper (to taste)
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) green beans
- 2 medium carrots
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, chopped onions, meat, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces, bay leaf and the chopped garlics. Season with some salt and pepper and cook over low heat until the meat is almost cooked (about 25 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Peel, wash the carrots and cut them into small pieces. Wash the green beans, cut the ends and remove the strings. Cut the green beans into small pieces and set aside in a bowl with water together with the potatoes and the carrots.
- When the meat is almost cooked, add the potatoes, carrots, green beans and stir with a spoon. Then, pour the water (enough to cover the mixture) and season with some salt. Stir and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, let stand about 5 minutes and serve.