- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
Delight yourself with this wonderful mouth-watering meat pie. Turn the oven and start to do it now…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) shortcrust pastry
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) minced beef
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) minced pork
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) grated cheese
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- Some lemon drops
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- Oregano (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the minced meat with salt, pepper, oregano, nutmeg and chopped garlics. Mix the spices into the meat and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the minced meat with the spices, stir, cover the pan and simmer over low heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Whisk the béchamel sauce together with the egg and a few drops of lemon juice; set aside.
- Line a pie pan (24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with the shortcrust pastry and prick the bottom with a fork. Drain the meat with a colander and place it over the pastry. Cover with the béchamel mixture, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake about 20 to 25 minutes until the pie starts to turn slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and serve.