Meat pork with coriander rice2013-04-11
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
Delicious pork confectioned in a sautéed of olive oil, garlics, tomatoes and white wine, seasoned with salt, bay leaf and pepper, sprinkled with chopped parsley, served with coriander rice.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) pork cut into cubes
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 150 ml / (1/2 and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 medium onion
- Parsley (to taste)
- Season the meat with salt, bay leaf and pepper.
- In a skillet, place 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil and the unpeeled crushed garlics. Leave to sauté over low heat about two to three minutes. Add the meat, the peeled tomatoes cut into pieces and the white wine. Season with salt and pepper, stir, cover the skillet and cook over low heat about 35 minutes. Stir once in a while. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- In a pan place the remaining olive oil and the chopped onion. Leave to sauté on a low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the rice and season with salt. Stir and fry about a minute in the sautéed. Then, pour the water (twice the volume of the rice), stir, simmer and cook about 10 to 12 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the coriander and allow to rest about five minutes.
- Serve the meat drizzled with the sauce and with the coriander rice.