Meat and potato pie2013-11-03
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
A delicious pie, with excellent presentation, stuffed with meat seasoned with pepper, garlics and salt, confectioned with tomato, onion and olive oil, mixed in fried potatoes, covered with a béchamel mixture.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced beef
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced pork
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) shortcrust pastry
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 300 ml / (1 1/4 cups) béchamel
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 1 egg
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Season the minced meat with salt, chopped garlics and pepper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into small cubes . Fry them in hot oil. When they are fried place them on a platter over absorbent paper.
- In a pan, place the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the chopped onion. Leave to sauté on a low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the meat with the marinade, stir with a wooden spoon and cook over low heat about 20 minutes with the pan covered.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Place the fried potatoes in the pan and mix in the meat. Drain the meat and the potatoes and set aside.
- Whisk the béchamel with the egg and a few drops of lemon juice; set aside.
- Line a pie pan (27 x 4 centimeters / (10 2/3 x 1 1/2 inches)) with the shortcrust pastry and prick the bottom with a fork. Place the meat and the potatoes on top of the pastry, cover with the béchamel mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bring to preheated oven at 180ºC / (350ºF) about 20 minutes until turn slightly golden.