Meat, spinach and bacon pie2014-04-01
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Do you like spinach and want to cook a different and delicious recipe? We recommend this meat, spinach and bacon pie recipe, it’s easy to prepare and has excellent presentation!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) minced beef
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) minced pork
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) raw bacon
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) puff pastry
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) spinach
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel sauce
- 50 grams / (1 3/3 ounces) grated cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash well the spinach. Cut into pieces and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the bacon cut into strips in a saucepan and saute over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the minced meat and season with salt, nutmeg and pepper. Stir and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the spinach, stir and cook for more 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the sauce. Add the béchamel and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a pie pan (approximately 24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with some butter, line with the pastry and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Add the meat mixture inside the pie and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, unmold onto a plate and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 51 g(78%)
Saturated Fat: 14 g(71%)
Cholesterol: 112 mg(37%)
Sodium: 819 mg(34%)
Total Carbohydrate: 32 g(11%)
Protein: 43.5 g