Meatballs with beer sauce2017-08-01
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:05 h
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
Do you like meatballs, want to innovate and try new combinations? Inspire in our meatballs recipe, prepare them yourself with a delicious beer sauce! Try it, you going to love the flavor…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) minced beef
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) minced pork
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Oregano (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 grams / (1/3 ounces) breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) beer
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the meat with a little salt, a chopped onion, nutmeg, pepper, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, chopped garlics, breadcrumbs and egg yolk. Mix the seasonings in the meat.
Mold with your hands small portions of the meat in the shape of balls and set aside.
- Place the olive oil and the remaining onion cut into round slices in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden brown. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and cook until the tomato start to break down. Then, add the meatballs, drizzle with the beer and cook over low heat with the pan covered for about 45 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve the meatballs with mashed potato.