Minced meat with egg2013-05-23
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
A minced meat recipe seasoned with nutmeg, pepper, garlics and salt, mixed in rice, that goes to oven with boiled eggs cut into round slices and with a sauce prepared with béchamel and whipping cream.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) minced beef
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) minced pork
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) rice
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Parsley (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- First, cook the eggs in a pan with water. When they are cooked, remove the peel and set aside.
- Season the minced meat with nutmeg, three chopped garlics, pepper and salt. Wrap well the seasoning in the meat and set aside.
- In a pan, place 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, one chopped onion and the remaining chopped garlics. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Add the chicken stock cube, stir and add the rice seasoned with salt. Pour the water (twice the volume of the rice), simmer and cook about ten minutes.
- In another pan, place the remaining olive oil and the chopped onion. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Add the meat, stir and cook about 15 minutes over low heat. Stir once in a while. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Mix with the help of a fork the béchamel with the whipping cream and set aside.
- In a glass baking dish, place a layer of rice, a layer of meat, and finally, another layer of rice. Place on top the eggs cut into round slices and cover everything with the béchamel mixture. Bring to preheated oven at 180ºC / (350ºF) about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.