Minced meat with potato in the oven2013-12-27
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
In a lunch with friends want to present a recipe that everyone likes? Serve this simple recipe of minced meat with potato in the oven, it’s delicious and has excellent presentation!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced beef
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced pork
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 1 large onion
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the minced meat and season with a little salt, nutmeg and red pepper sauce. Stir and cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, wash, peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Season with salt and fry in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, put them in a dish with absorbent paper.
- Add the potatoes to the meat saucepan and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Combine the cream, the béchamel and the egg yolk.
- Put the meat and the potatoes on a baking dish and drizzle with the cream and béchamel mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.