Minced meat with rice and egg in the oven2013-05-23
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
Going to receive your family for dinner and want to prepare a simple recipe with excellent presentation? This recipe of minced meat with rice and egg in the oven is perfect for the occasion, your family will love it. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) minced beef
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) minced pork
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the eggs in a saucepan with water. When they are cooked, remove the peel and set aside.
- Put 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil and the chopped onion in a frying pan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the meat and season with a little salt, pepper, nutmeg and two chopped cloves of garlic. Stir and cook about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining olive oil and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry for about 1 minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the rice about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- In a bowl, combine the béchamel and the whipping cream.
- In a baking dish put one layer of rice, a layer of meat, and finally another layer of rice. Garnish with egg slices and drizzle with the béchamel mixture. Bake for about 35 minutes. Turn off the oven and serve.