Minced meat with rice2013-10-04
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 1:35 h
Rate this recipe:
Want a quick recipe to prepare for your friends? This recipe of minced meat with rice is perfect for you! Is simple, tasty and everyone will love it…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced beef
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced pork
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) rice
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- Salt (to taste)
- Mix the minced meat and season with chopped garlics, pepper, nutmeg and salt. Mix well the spices into the meat and let marinate about one hour.
- Put 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, one chopped onion and the saffron in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry for about 1 minute. Add the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the rice about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining olive oil, a chopped onion and the peeled tomato cut into small pieces in a frying pan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the meat, stir and cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, add the rice to the skillet and season with oregano. Mix the meat into the rice and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (3 servings):
Total Fat: 37 g(57%)
Saturated Fat: 6.5 g(32%)
Cholesterol: 81 mg(27%)
Sodium: 120 mg(5%)
Total Carbohydrate: 49.5 g(17%)
Protein: 33 g