Monkfish stew with clams and peeled shrimp2014-08-04
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
Monkfish cut into pieces, seasoned with a little salt and pepper, stewed with potato, tomato, onion, olive oil, garlics, peeled shrimp and clams, sprinkled with chopped coriander.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) monkfish
- 900 grams / (2 pounds) potatoes
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) peeled shrimp
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) clams
- 2 medium onions
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash, cut the monkfish into pieces and season with a little salt and pepper. Peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into round slices.
- In a saucepan place the sliced onions, two peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces, the red pepper cut into strips, the whole peeled garlics, a layer of potatoes and another of fish and so on until finish with a layer of potatoes. On top, place the remaining onion cut into round slices and the remaining peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, cover the pan and bring to low heat about 25 to 30 minutes.
- When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the peeled shrimp along with the clams and cook until the clams stat to open.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve immediately.