Nuts cake with cinnamon and honey2014-05-12
- Servings : 10 squares
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
A delicious cake with a great mix of flavors, confectioned with honey, crushed nuts, lemon zest, cinnamon, sugar and olive oil, cut into squares, garnished with powdered sugar.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) nuts
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) honey
- Zest of one lemon
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Peel and grind the nuts in a blender. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer beat the eggs along with the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy texture. Then, add the olive oil, honey, cinnamon and the crushed walnuts, without stop beating. Finally, add the flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Grease a rectangular cake tin (27 x 10 x 7 centimeters / (10 2/3 x 4 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour. Pour the previous mixture inside the cake tin and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 25 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool completely. Cut the cake in squares, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (10 squares):
Total Fat: 14 g(22%)
Saturated Fat: 2 g(10%)
Cholesterol: 85 mg(28%)
Sodium: 190 mg(8%)
Total Carbohydrate: 48 g(16%)
Protein: 8 g