Olive oil cake2014-07-18
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
This olive oil cake is, simple, tasty and it’s great to serve with a hot tea on a Winter afternoon.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 eggs
- 175 grams / (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Zest of one orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (27 x 10 centimeters / (10 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and the orange zest until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the yoghurt and the honey and beat more 2 to 3 minutes until well incorporated. Then, pour the olive oil and the rosemary and mix some more. Finally, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove from oven, unmold, let cool to room temperature and serve.