Orange and brown sugar cake2017-05-26
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Have you been invited to a lunch with friends and want to prepare a delicious cake? We suggest this orange and brown sugar cake recipe, it’s easy to make and your friends will love the mix of flavors that the cake offers. Try it!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) orange juice
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) brown sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one orange
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (approximately 24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the brown sugar and the orange zest until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Pour the orange juice and mix for 1 to 2 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.