Orange and milk cake2015-04-19
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
A quick and simple cake to prepare, a tasty orange and milk cake, ideal to serve with tea in a family snack.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- Juice of two oranges
- Zest of one orange
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50 grams / (3 1/3 tablespoons) softened margarine
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (26 x 7 centimeters / (10 1/4 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and the sugar. Add the softened margarine and whisk until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Then, pour the milk, orange juice and the orange zest and mix everything well. Finally, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and whisk until the cream thicken.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool completely and serve with tea.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 4 g(6%)
Saturated Fat: 1 g(5%)
Cholesterol: 45 mg(15%)
Sodium: 80 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g(9%)
Protein: 3 g