Orange and vanilla muffins2015-01-31
- Servings : 22 units
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
Our orange and vanilla muffins are delicious and combine the intense orange aroma with the soft vanilla aroma. Dare yourself!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 eggs
- Juice of an orange
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) softened margarine
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease muffin pans with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs together with the sugar, margarine and the orange zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Pour the milk, the orange juice and the vanilla extract and beat for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until creamy.
- Pour small portions of the cream in each one of the prepared pans (about two thirds of the pan) and bake about 15 to 20 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the muffins from the oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (22 units):
Total Fat: 6 g(9%)
Saturated Fat: 1 g(5%)
Cholesterol: 40 mg(13%)
Sodium: 80 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 21 g(7%)
Protein: 3 g