Pasta with cod and shrimp2015-04-30
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
Our recipe of pasta with cod and shrimp is very delicious, easy to prepare and full of sea flavors. Try it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds))
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) elbow pasta
- 600 ml / (2 1/2 cups and 2/3 tablespoon) water
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Coriander (to taste)
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) shrimp
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the shrimps in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a small onion and a branch of coriander. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer about 5 minutes. When the shrimps are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Remove the peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin and bones from the cod and break in pieces with your hands.
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlics and the pepper in a saucepan. Saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and cook until the tomato start to break down. Add the cod, stir and simmer for about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the water (enough to completely cover the mixture), season with a little salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat, add the pasta and the shrimps and simmer for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 16 g(25%)
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g(8%)
Cholesterol: 235 mg(78%)
Sodium: 460 mg(19%)
Total Carbohydrate: 50 g(17%)
Protein: 62 g