- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Nothing better than prepare a delicious homemade plum jam done the old fashioned way. Excellent to serve with toast and tea.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) plums
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons liqueur
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) sugar
- Wash and peel the plums. Remove the seeds and cut the plums in pieces.
- Place the plums cut in pieces, the sugar, honey, liqueur and the cinnamon stick in a non-stick saucepan. Stir with the help of a spoon and cook over low heat about 40 minutes until thickens (pass a wooden spoon in the bottom of the saucepan and if it leaves a trail like a road, the sweet is ready), stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and let cool to room temperature.
- Reserve the sweet in a glass jar tightly closed.