Pork loin in the oven with apple2015-12-21
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:25 h
- Ready In : 2:25 h
Rate this recipe:
Going to receive someone special in your home? Prepared this tasty pork loin recipe in the oven with apple, your visits will love it.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) pork loin
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- Oregano (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 red apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the pork loin on a baking dish and with a sharp knife make 4 to 5 cuts across the loin. Season with salt, nutmeg, pepper, oregano, 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, unpeeled crushed garlics, honey and white wine. Let marinate about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Wash and peel the apples. Cut them into cubes and place in a saucepan with the remaining olive oil, the onion cut into round slices and the brown sugar. Bring to low heat and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and pour this mixture over the pork loin.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes until golden brown. Occasionally drizzle the pork loin with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve the loin with roasted potatoes or rice.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 63 g(97%)
Saturated Fat: 16 g(80%)
Cholesterol: 190 mg(63%)
Sodium: 350 mg(15%)
Total Carbohydrate: 46 g(15%)
Protein: 61 g