Portuguese green soup2012-11-10
- Servings : 5/6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
Portuguese green soup is a typical dish highly appreciated in our country. Bon appetit…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 liters / (6 1/3 cups) water
- 4 medium onions
- 4 medium potatoes
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) shredded collard greens
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Place the onions cut into pieces and the potatoes in a large saucepan with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 25 minutes. Then, remove briefly the saucepan from heat and use a hand blender to blend the soup until creamy. Season with olive oil and a little salt, stir and place the saucepan back on the stove over medium-high heat.
- When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and add the collard greens and the chorizo cut into round slices. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook about 15 minutes with the pan covered, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately.