Portuguese migas (crumbs) with poached eggs2017-01-31
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
Do you want to cook a traditional, nutritious and delicious meal for a winter lunch? We suggest you to prepare Portuguese migas (crumbs) with poached eggs, it will give energy to the cold days and it has a very Portuguese flavor!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) stale bread cut into pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 liters / (6 1/3 cups) water
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Boil the water in a saucepan.
- Put the olive oil and the chopped garlics in a frying pan and saute over low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bread, season with a little salt and pepper and mix well. Then, pour the boiling water gradually and stir until the bread start to break down slightly. Sprinkle with chopped coriander, stir, add the eggs one by one and poach them about 7 to 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Season the eggs with a little pepper and serve.