Portuguese pork with clams2012-11-09
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 2:25 h
Rate this recipe:
Have lunch with friends? We suggest this tasty traditional Portuguese meal of pork with clams! It’s easy to prepare, has a delicious presentation and everyone will like it. Bon appetit!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) pork cut into cubes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 250 ml / (1 cup and 1 tablespoon) white wine
- Coriander (to taste)
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds) clams
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Soak the clams in water seasoned with salt about 1 to 2 hours. Wash them under running water before cooking.
- Season the meat with red pepper sauce, unpeeled crushed garlics, bay leaf, salt, pepper and white wine. Mix everything and let marinate about one hour.
- In a large skillet, heat over low heat the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add the meat without the marinade (reserve the marinade) and fry over medium-low heat until the meat start to turn slightly golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into cubes and fry them in hot oil. When they are fried, place them on a platter with absorbent paper; set aside.
- Add the marinade to the meat and boil for about two minutes. Add the clams, stir, cover the skillet and cook until the clams start to open. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- On a platter, place the chips, the meat and the clams. Drizzle with the sauce and serve.