Rabbit in the oven with apple and lemon2016-07-16
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:55 h
Rate this recipe:
Going to receive family or friends at home? Prepare this delicious rabbit recipe in the oven with the apple and lemon aroma… A tasty combination of flavors that everyone will love…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 2 red apples
- 1 lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- Saffron (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the rabbit pieces in a rectangular baking dish and season with some salt, lemon juice, saffron, pepper, nutmeg and unpeeled crushed garlics. Drizzle with olive oil and marinate about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Wash the apples and the lemon and remove the seeds. Cut everything into quarters and place in the baking dish. Bake until the rabbit start to turn golden brown, about 45 to 50 minutes. Occasionally drizzle the rabbit with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve the rabbit with fries and salad.