Rabbit with rice in the oven2014-03-28
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:20 h
Rate this recipe:
Prepare this recipe of rabbit with rice in the oven for a special dinner with family. Simple and tasty, everyone will enjoy it…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 Portuguese chorizo slices for garnish
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- For the rice:
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Put 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil, chopped onions, bay leaf and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Then, add the rabbit, drizzle with white wine and season with some salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir, cover the pan and cook over low heat about 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, put 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, chopped onion, the chopped garlics and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Add the chicken stock cube and stir with a wooden spoon wooden spoon until the cube is completely dissolved. Add the rice seasoned with a little salt, stir and fry the rice in the olive oil for about one minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume), stir and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- When the rabbit is cooked, turn off the heat and place it on a plate. Flake the rabbit with a fork and place it back into the pan. Add also the rice to the pan and mix all.
- Place the mixture in a baking pan, brush with egg yolk slightly beaten and garnish with chorizo slices. Bake about 25 minutes until golden brown.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 42 g(65%)
Saturated Fat: 8 g(40%)
Cholesterol: 255 mg(85%)
Sodium: 550 mg(23%)
Total Carbohydrate: 31 g(10%)
Protein: 59 g