Rabbit in tomato sauce2016-08-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
There are many ways to cook rabbit! This traditional Portuguese rabbit recipe is quick, very simple to prepare and is very tasty with the delicious tomato aroma!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 2 medium onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Chives (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan, put the chopped onion, the peeled whole garlics, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the rabbit. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, salt and drizzle with olive oil and white wine. Place the pan over low heat and cook for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, garnish with chives and serve with fries or white rice.