Rice pudding with condensed milk2013-12-30
- Servings : 6 bowls
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
Going to receive friends at home and want to prepare a special dessert? This rice pudding with condensed milk is the perfect solution! Everyone will enjoy this creamy, light and very tasty sweet.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 500 ml / (2 cups and 2 tablespoons) water
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A pinch of salt
- 180 grams / (6 1/3 ounces) rice
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) milk
- 375 grams / (13 1/3 ounces) condensed milk
- Cinnamon powder
- Pour the water in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and a pinch of salt. Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to boil. When starts boiling, add the rice and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the condensed milk with the milk; set aside.
- When the rice is cooked, remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick. Add the condensed milk mixture, mix well and cook over low heat more 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, pour the rice in individual bowls and let cool. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder and serve.