Rice with tuna and peas2013-04-05
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
On days when time is short and you need to quickly prepare a nutritious and tasty meal, this rice recipe with tuna and peas is the perfect solution to success. Try it!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) canned tuna
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) rice
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) peas
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- Shred the tuna with a fork and set aside.
- Put the olive oil, chopped onion, peas, the peeled tomato cut into small pieces and the paprika in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the rice, season with a little salt and stir. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 minutes.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the tuna, mix and cook for more 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.