- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Have a family snack and want to impress? This ricotta cake is wonderful, smooth and creamy, ideal to serve with coffee or hot tea in a Winter day…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) ricotta
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until a homogeneous mixture. Add the ricotta and the honey and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices):
Total Fat: 5 g(8%)
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g(13%)
Cholesterol: 100 mg(33%)
Sodium: 90 mg(4%)
Total Carbohydrate: 24 g(8%)
Protein: 6 g